Monday, August 20, 2007

Fall is Getting Closer

The lambs have all been butchered and 3 turkeys. We have a mating pair left, named Popeye and Olive. Farm Boy leaves for bow hunting on Friday. I hope he gets something, I miss our game meat. Grocery store hamburger is disgusting.
I sold my last 3 Aracauna hens today. The lady put them in a box next to her dog in the car. The dog tore open the box and pulled feathers out. My poor hens, I took my money and went inside.
I'm going to put in an order of chicks. I don't think there will be any until Feburary though. Buff laced polish, crevecoeurs and sultans.


I started my own antique junk booth in an antiques and collectible mall. I set up yesterday and had so much fun. I have more stuff to add to it tomorrow. My house is getting easier and easier to clean. I hope I make a little extra money, for my horse addiction. Well the laundry is calling my name.

4 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

Ya, I'm always trying to find ways to make money for my horse addiction too! lol

Brightmeadowfarms said...

Shannon, I love your blog! Not sure how I missed it before, but I've added it to the list of farmgirl blogs on mine.

2 LMZ FARMS said...

I just found your blog. So, you want to be a barrel racer? Need to check out my blog. That is what I do, I rodeo along with my son, who bull rides, right now he is in the military. anyway, I do rodeos and National Barrel Horse Association along with IBRA(international barrel racing association). Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura

Brightmeadowfarms said...

I stopped by to alert you to a contest on my blog - http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com/2007/09/contest-apple-pie-border.html

Looking forward to hearing more from you!