Thursday, February 7, 2008

Spring is Getting Closer. hehe I'm Back!!

I just found my blog again. I don't know what happened to me. Wait a minute, yes I do, my HUSBAND! God bless him. One fateful day last Fall, hit me with the news, that he didn't want to be a farmer anymore. Since then I have been frantically changing my life to accomodate him.

To make a long story short (that probably would have made an exciting blog). My son is now in kindergarten and I have been caught up in a series of interviews with the hospital. First I started at the community college, when a math class kicked my butt. Then I decided to just apply for a nursing assistant job and go from there. Usually jobs are kicking down your door if you even mention you might, maybe want to be a CNA. But not at the hospital. There are 80 people competing for 10 spots. Do you know how hard it is to think of a reason why you want to be a CNA? NObody wants to be a CNA .

My first interview:

Interviewer: "What did you like about being a CNA?"


Me: Blank stare as I remember back to gaping bed sores, diarrea, urine bags, scary old women, dirty old men and the smells, Oh the smells. " Um, I like working with people" Oh crap, why did you say that? think of something else fast! " Well um at the nursing home, alot of people didn't have families, so I liked making them feel good about themselves, by taking the time to really listen and sometimes just by offering a smile" Ha! Take that!


Interviewer: Why do you want to enter the work force again?


Me: I don't. " Oh um, my kids are getting older and I am bored with staying at home"


Interviewer: "Ok thank you, we'll get back to you."


Me: Smiling, while thinking to myself just hurry up and tell me if I'm going to be wiping butts or not!!!

I have to wait until sometime after the 12th to see if I get to do another interview.


In the meantime my husband might be OK with staying on the farm if he can work at the fire station in town too.

I promise I will keep you all posted!

1 comment:

Beemoosie said...

Aren't interviews a joy??!!! I just started the process again after 15 years and it just seems excruciating! Hope you find the right job for you!